Dan had various responsibilities at all three SIH hospitals, SIH Cancer Institute, data centers, office buildings, medical clinics, etc., owned by SIH throughout southern Illinois.Dan started working with Architechniques, Ltd. in 2016 as a construction observer. His duties as a construction observer include visiting project sites during applicable phases of the construction, taking photographs of the construction process, generating & distributing observation reports, corresponding with the the construction foreman and keeping the project manager/architect apprised of the construction process.
Dan's duties as a construction observer include visiting project sites during applicable phases of the construction, taking photographs of the construction process, generating & distributing observation reports, corresponding the the construction foreman and keeping the project manager/architect apprised of the construction process.
Corporate Director of Design & Construction, Southern Illinois Healthcare
Carbondale, Illinois — 2104-2016
Dan had primary responsibility for projects in all phases of design/construction totaling over $150 million in cost.
- Memorial Hospital Surgery Expansion
- Herrin Hospital Surgery Expansion
- Memorial Hospital Emergency Power Upgrade
- St. Joseph Hospital Emergency Power Upgrade
- Memorial Hospital Elevator Replacements
- Memorial Hospital Air Handler #8 Replacements and Duct Chase
- Memorial Hospital ORs 1-7 Upgrades
- Memorial Hospital Professional Office Building Suite Renovations
- Memorial Hospital Professional Office Building East Parking Expansion
- Memorial Hospital Parking Garage South Entrance
- SIH Medical Group Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Herrin Hospital 1918 Building Demolition
- Herrin Hospital Parking Lots
- Herrin Hospital Wound Center
- Center for Medical Arts Second Floor Renovations
- Harrisburg Primary Care Group Lab/Imaging Clinic Addition
- Harrisburg Rehab Unlimited Expansion
- Harrisburg Primary Care Group North Parking Expansion
- SIH Distribution Center Fire Sprinklers
- SIH Distribution Center Warehouse HVAC Replacements
- MHC Energy Center Data Center
- SIH IT Building Data Room Upgrades
- SIH Cancer Institute
- Logan Primary Care West Frankfort Canopy and Interior Renovations
- Logan Primary Care Herrin Pediatrics
- Logan Primary Care Herrin Lab and Imaging
- Marion Lab and Breast Center
- Marion Rehab Unlimited
Corporate Director of Facilities, Southern Illinois Healthcare
Carbondale, Illinois — 2008-2014
Dan’s primary role was to manage all non-hospital-based construction projects for SIH and to coordinate Facilities Engineering efforts for Memorial Hospital of
Carbondale, St. Joseph Memorial Hospital, SIH Maintenance Department, and Center for Medical Arts Maintenance Department. Additional responsibilities included Security at Memorial Hospital and St. Joseph Memorial Hospital and Grounds at Memorial Hospital.
- Developed and implemented standards of practice for all Facilities Engineering Departments.
- Consulted with department managers regarding best practices, code interpretation, corrective actions, capital improvements, etc.
- Integrated process improvement into daily life of Facility Engineering Managers.
- Developed capital and operating budgets for all responsible departments.
Manager of Facilities Engineering, Memorial Hospital of Carbondale
Carbondale, Illinois — 1977-2008
Dan was responsible for all aspects of Facilities Engineering, building operations, maintenance, and the Environment of Care. Dan held primary responsibility for building systems and infrastructure as well as related construction projects.
- Successfully passed all surveys by The Joint Commission for hospital accreditation.
- Successfully passed all inspections by IDPH, IEPA, and OSHA.
- Awarded the EPA Energy Star Award for energy efficiency for multiple years.
- Served has hospital Safety Committee Chairman and Safety Officer for over twenty years.
- Developed and managed the SIH Maintenance Department to maintain all off-campus facilities and properties.
- Performed construction management for assigned projects.
Mulberry Grove High School
Mulberry Grove, Illinois
Southern Illinois University
- NFPA Life Safety Code
- NFPA 70, 99
- Process Improvement
- ASHE Chaper Leadership Forum
- ASHE Leadership Institute
- California EMA Safety Assessment Program Evaluator
- Act On Energy: Multiple Courses
- International Energy Conservation Code
- Healthcare Emergency Preparedness
- FEMA Emergency Management Institute: Multiple Courses
- Managing Capital Project Risk (e-Builder)
- Service Excellence
- The Joint Commission: Multiple Courses
- NFPA: Fire Protection Systesm and Equipment Maintenance
- International Building Code
- National Fire Alarm Code
- ASHE Healthcare Safety and Security
- Illinois Emergency Managment Agency (IEMA): Earthquake ATC-20 Certification
- Southern Illinois University: Medical Waste Management
- American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE): Life Member
- Southern Illinois Chapter of Healthcare Engineering (SICHE): Life Member
- SICHE President, President-Elect, Secretary/Treasurer (multiple terms): Past Positions
- SICHE Advocacy Chairman: Past Position
- Midwest Healthcare Engineering Conference Steering Committee: Past Position
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA): Past Member
- Missouri Society of Healthcare Engineering (MOSHE): Past Member