Construction Observer, Architechniques, Ltd.
Herrin, Illinois — 2007-Current
As a construction observer, Mike routinely visits project construction sites and reports on the status of the construction project He can evaluate the whether or not the contractor is performing the work outlined in the architectural documents and maintain a line of communications with the construction foreman. His reports also include photographs that help keep the project manager and architect aware of the construction process..
- John A Logan College projects
- Harrisburg Medical Center Tornado Damage Repairs
- Christopher Rural Health and Planning Corporation Projects
- Sparta National Guard Armory & Training Area Projects
- Phoenix Project
Owner/General Contractor, Mausey Helfrich Construction
Carterville, Illinois — 1977-2007
As owner of Mausey Helfrich Construction Mike was responsible for estimating and bidding work, hiring subcontractors, ordering materials, working with owners, hiring employees, and overseeing projects while working with tools on the site. He also coordinated work, oversaw subcontractors and inspected materials. He was responsible for cost control including all bookkeeping and payroll. Mike handled all negotiations with owners, material suppliers and subcontractors. Mausey Helfrich began business as a builder of custom homes, but was also engaged in commercial construction for the last 12 years of business.
- Village Hall, Police Department and Post Office - Energy, Illinois
- Shawnee Health Services Corporate Office - Carterville, Illinois
- Shawnee Health Services Clinic - Murphysboro, Illinois
Mater Dei High School
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Carterville Library Board - 6 years
- Williamson County Building Commission - 3 years
- Tri-C Little League Board - 15 years
- Carterville Athletic Booster Club - 6 years
- Volunteer Carterville Fire Department - 18 years
- Past Church Council Member at Holy Spirit Catholic Church
- Carterville Alderman Ward 2
- Past Unit 5 School Board Member & President